1995 Midwest Regional Conference
Spice and Family Activities
Chicago is a great place to visit, with lots of things
to do in and around the city. Why not bring your family along for
the weekend? There are lots of things to keep them entertained on
Saturday, and you can join them Sunday afternoon, before heading
back home. You'll find parkland and beaches along miles of the
lakefront, world class museums, as well as a wide variety of
entertainment and dining experiences.
In the Oak Brook area, you'll find a variety of attractions,
ranging from the Morton Arboretum to the first-rate Oak
Brook Shopping Center.
- Tezcat Chicago Attractions (www.tezcat.com/web/chicago.html)
- This list of Chicago attractions is presented by one of
the Internet Service Providers in the Chicaoland area.
- Net Chicago Resource Guide (www.ais.net/netchicago/resource.html)
- This list of Chicago attractions is presented by another
Internet Service Providers in the Chicagoland area, American
Information Systems, Inc. (AIS). You'll likely need
to use the Netscape Navigator browser, since it
uses tables. If you are patient through the large
graphics you'll find a wealth of useful information.
- This is Chicago (www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/IT94/Venue.html)
- This is the electronic "brochure" from the Second
Annual World Wide Web Conference held last October
1994. Some of the information is dated, but much of it
Chamber of Commerce (www.chicago.org/)
- An eclectic mix of information about Chicago, about the Chamber
of Commerce , and about doing business.
- Chicago Computer Society
- Information about the host Society and its
"Chicago Mosaic" Home Page (www.ci.chi.il.us/)
- You'll find information about major events and activities
in Chicago, along with the obligatory pictures of the
mayor and tour of officialdom.
- Chicago Area Internet Access Information (www.tezcat.com/web/site/site.html)
- Links to the Home Pages of Internet Service
Providers in the Chicagoland area. You'll find a variety
of interesting links among them.
- Subway Navigator for Chicago (metro.jussieu.fr:10001/bin/statmap/english/usa/chicago)
- Links to the Worldwide Subway Navigator (metro.jussieu.fr:10001/bin/cities/english)
Chicago, which allows you to plan trips around the city
using the CTA subway and "El" system.
The Regional conference is being held just West of the city,
conveniently located near the Eisenhower Expressway (Interstate
290, which goes directly East into the city) and the Tristate
Tollway (Interstate 294, essentially a "beltway"
going North and South around much of the city).
Chicago is warm in August, often with a cooling breeze from
the lake. T-shirt and shorts weather; don't forget to bring a
comfortable pair of shoes.
Please excuse us, since Spice has
become an APCUG in joke as the plural of Spouse.
This CCS Web Site is made possible
by the donation of a virtual Web server by MCSNet of
Chicago, Illinois. CCS Webmaster:
Harold A. Driscoll, email: <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Copyright © 1995 by the Chicago Computer
Society. All Rights Reserved.